Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, October 04, 2011

You gotta fight for a spot to vend on Venice Beach

That's the fee.  That's what you pay.  It's a test of your courage,negotiation skills, and your composure.  First come, first served can be loosely interpreted by people.  It means to me that your table doesn't hold your spot if you aren't there at ten o'clock.  Tourists come to see booths selling stuff-- not your empty chairs and tables that you left there the day before.  Sunday my spot holder person flaked on me.  My truck was all loaded up and I had my ass down there...   So I considered it carefully and I took the spot.  It didn't go over very well with the bum community.  But they remember me from about a month ago when the LAPD tried to get me to move out of another late comer's spot.  I didn't budge.  I complied with the little food distribution loophole.  But I didn't budge.  That kind of thing needs to be in writing if it is to be adhered to. 
Chairs and tables don't hold spaces. They can't expect them to.


No comments: